Thursday 30 August 2007

JKR 100th Year Anniversary

It was a memorable morning for me and also to the country where JKR celebrated 100th Year Anniversary. Our company was invited to attend their celebration at ICC in Berakas. It was suppose to be my colleague who should attend but unfortunately he can't make it.

Getting a parking there was really frustrating! I was there early and I can't get any parking. After few turns around the building, I decide to break the rules for once! I parked at the side of a narrow road! Anyway, got there and there are over a thousand people attending it. The guest of honour was the Minister of Development Yang Berhormat Pehin Orang Kaya Hamzah Pahlawan Dato Seri Setia Awang Hj Abdullah bin Begawan Mudim Dato Paduka Hj Bakar and accompanied by the Deputy Minister of Development Yang Mulia Dato Paduka Dr Hj Mat Suny bin Hj Mohd Hussein.



Just before leaving the building, we were asked to collect the souvenir prepared for us at the foyer. I was so shocked to see that all this people pushing each other at the counter just to get their souvenir. It look like as if they are trying to get the last piece of food on earth. They could have give away the souvenir during registration.


I push myself through in slowly praying that I don't get crushed just because I need to collect the souvenir. Manage to get myself in front of the counter when a big oversized man try to squeeze himself out from the crowd and eventually I was pushed away from the counter. I tried to get myself infront of the counter again and once i'm there, another oversize man pushed me and i end up at the back of the 'queue'! After over 15mins of ordeal, I manage to get my souvenir and STILL ALIVE....hehe...which consists of an orange colour cap with 100th Year JKR logo, First Day Cover, JKR Pendant and refreshment.


>> The pictures are a bit blurry cos it was taken using my mobile phone :(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh JKR is already 100years old... Hmm...never know that...
Know why you can't get a parking...cos you are not early enough than the others. Haha :p
Wa Richard been pushed by 2 oversize men... Hmm... thought you should be strong enough to push them back... but dun want la o...cos Richard gentleman ma... :p
Don't vomit ah...

WidgetBucks - Trend Watch - WidgetBucks.com