Thursday 6 March 2008

Banana Fritters


Look yummy isn't it? I shouldn't have post this early in the morning! Making me hungry now :(

Anyway, the reason why I posted that picture is because of a forward email from a colleague of mine. This happen in few states in West Malaysia. I'm not sure how true it is, but you might think twice of buying banana fritters now...hehe...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"This is a TRUE STORY ... and also Saw Loon told me it happened to her place at Kedah ..Tunjang..I think..

It happened in PERLIS ( Titi Chai Kangar, the pasar malam area where PISANG GORENG (Banana Fritters) are sold in the afternoon)

Mom said, my uncle saw the PISANG GORENG hawker added plastic straw ( drinking straw ) into hot oil and leave it to melt before he fried the banana, that is why PISANG GORENG, UBI, etc stay crispy for hours....

My uncle asked the hawker and he kept quite. When my uncle told my mom, they realized that this is how fried fritters stay crispy for a while. My mom said that in Thailand they do the same to keep the fried food crispy eg: ikan bilis, fried onions, etc which will stay crispy although it is left in the open air for hours.


Here's another one:

I was with my family in Cameron Highlands. It was 3 pm and we were hanging around a market area. We saw many hawker stalls, suddenly something attracted my attention at one of the stalls. There was a big wok of boiling oil with a half-5-litre empty oil bottle in it. The plastic bottle melted slowly in the hot oil.

At first I thought it was an unintentional act by a 7-yr-old girl but when I looked closely, I saw she was holding a pair of chopsticks and stir the bottle. It appears the act was intentional. Oh My God, these people are using melted plastic to fry food. so that the tit bits will not go soft when it cooled due to plastic.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So what do you think? Do you believe it? If anyone of you willing to try it, please do let me know. If it really work, then we have to becareful of what we eat...SCARY!

No comments:

WidgetBucks - Trend Watch - WidgetBucks.com